Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ode to VLC

Oh VLC
Without you any OS sucks

The day I first installed you
I found a friend -
And a friendship that
I pray will never end.

Your interface - so sweet
And so simple -
Kept me going
When other programs were cluttered.

You never ever judged me,
You understood my codec sorrow.
Then you told me it needn't be that way
And gave me the hope of a better tomorrow.

You were always there for me,
I knew I could count on you.
You just played the damn media files
Whether I was on Mac, Windows or Linux.

Your continued development
Is so precious to me,
I hope it grows and flourishes
And lasts unto infinity.

(With just a little inspiration from Ode To My True Friend by Elizabeth Pinard - which just happened to be the top hit when I googled for "ode to".)

No comments:

Post a Comment